About this Course

In June 2011, seven SNC students and two faculty members will travel with the Truckee, CA-based Bodhi Tree Foundation to deliver pre/postnatal vitamins and medical supplies to the women of Humla, the most remote region of Nepal, deep in the western Himalayas. This trip will be the center of two courses each student will complete; the students will gain traditional academic and real-world knowledge of Service Learning as well as Nepali art and culture. In addition to our service, we will visit many significant cultural and religious monuments for both Buddhists and Hindus. Join us as we prepare for this adventure of a lifetime.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Packing Lighter Than Ever


The bag we carry on our trek (which is only about half of the time we will spend in Nepal–about 15 days) has to weigh 33 pounds or less.
So, I’m carrying about seven pounds of camera equipment alone, and my sleeping bag, ground pad, and pillow together are nearly ten pounds. (No, I don’t want to hear about how I’ll sleep just as well on a lighter weight pad. I won’t.)
First Aid kit is 2.5 pounds… I’m not going to give you all the details but lets just say, 33 pounds is HARD. And I pride myself on being an efficient packer.
I’m going downstairs to weigh my underwear again.

No comments:

Post a Comment